Bhakra Beas Management Board
Functions Of BBMB
- Administration, Operation & Maintenance of Bhakra-Nangal Project, Beas Project Unit-I (Beas Satluj Link Project) and Beas Project Unit- II (Pong Dam) in Northern India.
- The regulation of supply of water from Satluj, Ravi and Beas to the States of Punjab, Haryana and Rajasthan.
- The regulation and supply of power generated from Bhakra-Nangal and Beas Projects.
- Providing and performing engineering & related technical and consultancy services in the various fields of hydroelectric power projects and irrigation projects and to carry on all kinds of business related thereto, either independently or as a Joint Venture with any Central/State/Public Sector Undertaking(s) or establishment(s) under the administrative control of Ministry of Power. Joint venture with any other agency/organization will be subject to the approval of the Central Govt.
Additional Functions Envisaged
- Construction of new Hydro Projects within and outside BBMB System.