Indian State to Install 3,050 Solar Water Pumps

Published on by in Government

Indian State to Install 3,050 Solar Water Pumps

Haryana government today announced that 3,050 solar water pumps will be installed in  current  financial year.

iN47iqi.pngThis is done in order to encourage farmers to use renewable energy. 

"3,050 solar water pumps of 2 horsepower (hp), 5 hp and 10 hp will be installed with 10 per cent farmer's share and the remaining 90 per cent cost be shared by the central and state government as financial assistance," Minister of State New and Renewable Energy Banwari Lal said.

"This will result in a solar capacity addition of 14.64 MW," he said. 

Describing renewable energy as the "energy of future", he said the state government is committed to promoting renewable energy in line with the national goal of 1.75 lakh MW capacity addition by the year 2022. 

The minister addressed additional deputy commissioners of the districts through video conferencing and gave them necessary directions to promote renewable energy in their respective areas. 

Speaking on the occasion Director, New and Renewable Energy, Ashima Brar said during the current financial year, the state government would spend an amount of about Rs 27 crore on renewable energy and energy conservation programmes. 

She said the department has set a target of installation of rooftop solar power projects of 70 MW in the state with 30 per cent subsidy with maximum limit of Rs 20,000 per kilowatt.

Source: The Indian Express